BattleStrats PTFO Mature Gaming Clan

Toggle shoutbox Shout Out Open the Shoutbox in a popup

@  TheBMT : (22 April 2014 - 07:26 PM) thats crazy holmboy.  I was thinkin bout poppin in BC2 and playin vietnam last week too.  Didnt have time, but I miss those Battlestrat days.
@  Holmboy : (22 April 2014 - 08:13 AM) It's official, the Nvidia SHIELD is awesome and I haven't even scratched the surface of it yet. PC game streaming is setup and boy does it work well. Now to hook it up to my TV and get those Emulators running...
@  Holmboy : (22 April 2014 - 08:07 AM) Yeah, it was a ton of fun running around Vietnam in Bad Company 2 last week. Was on Cao Son Temple and thought "This is where I saw my first Red Dragon video, *sniff-sniff*". That game is still a ton of fun BTW.
@  Dbl Incertion : (22 April 2014 - 07:47 AM) Titanfall $36.99 amazon deal of the day http://www.amazon.co...node=8524689011
@  Mister Maf : (22 April 2014 - 12:02 AM) Acer! This is why Kerbal Space Program doesn't run on your machine anymore - the machine it's developed on: http://www.pcgamer.c...elipe-falanghe/
@  THE RED DRAGON : (21 April 2014 - 10:42 PM) i miss the ole days tbh
@  Alpine gremlin : (21 April 2014 - 02:51 PM) Watching some of Red`s old livestream videos. The good `ole days. :D
@  Dbl Incertion : (21 April 2014 - 11:18 AM) Game Boy 25 years old can rent a car now http://www.nintendol..._gaming_history
@  Dbl Incertion : (19 April 2014 - 11:59 AM) forbes stuff abot stuff n stuff http://www.forbes.co...-sales-sort-of/
@  Dbl Incertion : (19 April 2014 - 10:19 AM) Interesting rift story https://games.yahoo....-194210990.html
@  THE RED DRAGON : (18 April 2014 - 09:02 PM) speaking of space http://t.co/jRkBrpGVm0
@  Grumpy Joe : (18 April 2014 - 08:03 PM) And then there's this... http://www.xkcd.com/1356/
@  Grumpy Joe : (18 April 2014 - 08:02 PM) I'm in the same boat as Acer, love the game but the old commadore 64 wont run it.
@  Acerdavidii : (18 April 2014 - 03:09 PM) Sadly Kerbal Space Program's complexity has outgrown the capability of my computer. :(  I do still have an older version that works.
@  THE RED DRAGON : (18 April 2014 - 02:41 PM) Acer i thought of you when i read this http://kotaku.com/oh...gram-1564736841
@  THE RED DRAGON : (18 April 2014 - 11:36 AM) how sad...thanks for the link..i posted it
@  Acerdavidii : (18 April 2014 - 11:19 AM) Red Dragon, here's something for your channel....It's truly tragic http://www.reuters.c...EA3H0K620140418
@  Acerdavidii : (18 April 2014 - 09:58 AM) Nevermind, it didn't take long at all. Continue about your business....
@  Acerdavidii : (18 April 2014 - 08:50 AM) Xbox 360 tankers, WoT patch for the latest update includes a FULL reload of the game. So be warned.
@  Holmboy : (18 April 2014 - 07:20 AM) This Battlefield 4 music theme cover is awesome! - http://ow.ly/vVipA
@  Holmboy : (17 April 2014 - 09:32 AM) BattleStrats Thursday Throwback starts tonight at 6pm EDT (23:00 BST). We'll be giving away codes for 3 hours of BF4 Double-XP throughout the night. Dust of that copy of Bad Company 2 on PS3 and let's go back to 'NAM!
@  Myelencephalous : (17 April 2014 - 09:01 AM) if you can ever find any of these, it is highly recommended; but it is rare to find out of state:  https://www.greatlakesbrewing.com/home
@  Holmboy : (17 April 2014 - 08:35 AM) The Yuengling will be flowing. If the BC2 servers are empty, we'll make them full!
@  Myelencephalous : (17 April 2014 - 08:18 AM) Oh, and a Slim Jim, of course - Holmboy has graciously notified us that this delicious treat is providing us with a 3 hour Double XP code!
@  Myelencephalous : (17 April 2014 - 08:14 AM) Bring beer tonight, boys!
@  Myelencephalous : (16 April 2014 - 10:29 AM) i'll toss it in tonight to see if enough servers still exist.  we should be ok though
@  Alpine gremlin : (16 April 2014 - 09:42 AM) Been so long since I`ve played BC2...and there are never any servers available on PC...
@  THE RED DRAGON : (16 April 2014 - 08:37 AM) great....now I wanna play vietnam lol
@  Holmboy : (16 April 2014 - 08:01 AM) Tomorrow, April 17th we'll be doing a "Thursday Throwback" on PS3 playing Battlefield: Bad Company 2 and it's Vietnam expansion. Dust off that PS3 and join us for some Destruction 2.0 starting around 6pm EDT (23:00 BST)!
@  Myelencephalous : (16 April 2014 - 07:18 AM) I'm going to download Stealth: A Clone in the Dark.  I love puzzles, so this should be silly fun for me
@  Holmboy : (16 April 2014 - 07:03 AM) After seing it at PAX East, I just had to pick up Goat Simulator on PC for $7.99. Sometimes you just need some simple, mindless fun. Baa-a-a-a!
@  Acerdavidii : (14 April 2014 - 08:29 AM) Tankers, latest WoT 360 update is here and it's a long one, be prepared. Also crews added for an extra level of confusion, woot!
@  Holmboy : (13 April 2014 - 06:00 PM) No video, but I saw a ton of games, talked to some great people, bought a bunch of gaming crap and smelled more B.O. than any human should endure.
@  THE RED DRAGON : (13 April 2014 - 10:17 AM) You taking video holm?  Seen any good games?
@  Holmboy : (13 April 2014 - 09:11 AM) First hour of PAX East is down, very crowded but I'm managing to grab some cool stuff so far!
@  sweetwaterne... : (12 April 2014 - 10:58 PM) When oh when will Acer get W.O.T on pc.. only time will tell

(View All Videos) Toggle Members Videos

Recent Status Updates

• Photo
      11 Apr
    Mister Maf

Wargame: Red Dragon formally launches in a week. I've been binging the beta and naval maps have finally been added. Expect a review after launch!

View All Updates

Photo
- - - - -

BF3 weapon ballistics.

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 Jedi Wombat

Jedi Wombat

Strategist

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 219 posts
  • Jedi Wombat

Posted 18 October 2011 - 08:14 AM

Had a thought and put it in the shoutbox but wanted to hear what you all thought....

How cool would it be if you could adjust your "Zero" or point of aim/point of impact in game? I think it would make shooting adjustments at ranges much easier, but you could only do it say when spawning or something. Has dice ever said what they use for a zero?

Anyways, maybe theres a way to graph it out, I mean if they can calculate muzzle velocity based on attatchments and how it affects bullet drop in game, I would think that this wouldnt be too hard to do. Maybe the calculations in a multi player game would smash servers from having to track all that, I dont know, just a thought.

#2 CjHauserman

CjHauserman

Strategist

• Moderators
  • 198 posts
  • cjhauserman
  • cjhauserman
  • CjHauserman

Posted 18 October 2011 - 09:22 AM

I would love to see optics with adjustments, but to be honest the gameplay is too fast to use it effectively as its used in real world. Changing the zero is not a bad idea but with out a range finder it is still kinda useless.

The Mill dot scope is your best bet in the game as it allows you quickly range and sight in targets, then from there it is all trial and error and practice to get to be an expert which make it more of a challenge.

I can remember playing a hunting game on the PC years ago and had a drop chart for all the weapons. It was awesome getting the super long shots.

Posted Image

#3 Belmark616

Belmark616

Strategist

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 156 posts
  • Belmark616
  • Belmark616

Posted 18 October 2011 - 10:27 AM

There are very accurate ballistic charts for all the weapons and ammo used in the game. If they don't already use them I can't imagine that it would be that hard to replace the data they use with the actual ballistic data. I have only played the Beta for BF3 (and watched many youtube videos) but it does not look like they include windage in the bullet travel. I would also like them to add a range finder. You don't do any real world long distance shooting with out it.
Cry Havoc, and let slip the dogs of war!
Posted Image

#4 Mister Maf

Mister Maf

Mastermind

• Moderators
  • 1,853 posts
  • mafiaguy7
  • mafiaguy7

Posted 18 October 2011 - 06:06 PM

You can do this in Red Orchestra 2. Every time you kill someone, it tells you the distance of the kill to help players learn to estimate distance, and you have distance-adjustable sights that function exactly the way their real-world counterparts did.

I'd find you an example of the adjustable scopes, too, but YouTube is being dumb for me. Sniper rifles can also use their ironsights even if there's a scope attached, just like in real life (at least, that's how it worked back then).

RO2 is a very very unforgiving non-hand-holding shooter, though. People say you can't play Battlefield like you play Call of Duty - RO is even further in that direction; you can't play RO like you play BF.

Edited by Mister Maf, 18 October 2011 - 07:27 PM.

Posted ImagePosted Image
Take your lumps like a man, Private Twinkletoes.

#5 Jedi Wombat

Jedi Wombat

Strategist

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 219 posts
  • Jedi Wombat

Posted 18 October 2011 - 06:28 PM

See, it can be done. As far as real life goes, firefights tend to happen pretty quickly, and aiming down sights is aiming down sights. I can look at a man sized sillouhette down range and tell how far away it is, close enough to put steel on target anyways so thats not the issue for me. Maybe just have a buddy stand against a wall in a private match as I move further and further away. Find Poa/Poi that way.

#6 CelticBlue

CelticBlue

Novice Strategist

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 17 posts
  • Celtic_Blue

Posted 18 October 2011 - 09:37 PM

Ya in the old school gaming work.. DELTA FORCE 2 and DELTA FORCE BLACK HAWK DOWN. I used to be a top sniper because I could snipe from ANY point on the map and do it spot on. They had a build in rang finder in the scope its-self. You could start aiming down rang and as you moved ur scope up or down it would tell you how far u had to make the shot. But you would have to use TWO keys on the Key board to adjust your signs Up-Down or Right-Left for wind speed. Made sniping a very deadly tool in the team and you could do it very fast. But this concept is NO GOOD on PS3 or X-BOX because of the amount of keys used and the amount you have to use. Its all give and take. You would have to give up something to make the keys do other things. That will never happen. PC maybe... but not on PS3 or X-BOX. Unless they make some MAJOR changes to the sniper and when you have the scope up the button layout changes to allow it to happen. Like FRAG and Sec. FLASH turns to the range adjusters.. I dunno. Maybe someday but not today =P

Edited by CelticBlue, 18 October 2011 - 09:38 PM.

#7 Whinterfell

Whinterfell

Strategist

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 178 posts
  • Whinterfell
  • Whinterfell
  • WhinterFell

Posted 19 October 2011 - 12:55 AM

In BFBC2 and in BF3 they have a thing called marksman bonus. I am sure everyone already knows about this. But just in case the marksman bonus is a bonus you get from head shots at any distance. One point per meter your bullet travels. Very good at remembering ranges. If you have a good eye and can judge distance (yes I realize I am talking video game distances. lol ) you can figure the bullets drop and range of that from the marksman bonus and your own elevation from the target. At least that is what I use when sniping from insane distances. It is all about trial and error. Once I know the distance I can normally land hits from said range on a constant basis.
Posted Image

#8 CelticBlue

CelticBlue

Novice Strategist

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 17 posts
  • Celtic_Blue

Posted 19 October 2011 - 02:07 AM

Ya same here.. I was pulling off some awesome shots even with the 4x scope.. that quickly became my scope of choise. Just have to watch whats going on and it will get easyer to judge as u get more exp with the game.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users