BattleStrats PTFO Mature Gaming Clan

Toggle shoutbox Shout Out Open the Shoutbox in a popup

@  Andrew6679 : (23 October 2014 - 08:00 PM) I laughed so hard when that dev threatened to kill Gabe.  :welldone:
@  THE RED DRAGON : (23 October 2014 - 11:14 AM) did anyone play evil within?
@  Chilli2627 : (23 October 2014 - 10:48 AM) I think you are about 3 years to late to get BF3 on day 1
@  Andrew6679 : (23 October 2014 - 10:23 AM) Ermergawd I can't wait for BF3! it'll be the first game i pre order on the first day.
@  twentyONE : (22 October 2014 - 08:47 PM) That new Avengers trailer is BADASS!  Speaking of....I would assume we will see the first Star Wars teaser with it because of the whole Disney/Marvel deal.
@  Dbl Incertion : (22 October 2014 - 03:55 PM) https://www.yahoo.co...-200000420.html
@  Andrew6679 : (22 October 2014 - 02:07 PM) @DBL OUCH, Hardline? That's a huge insult to Destiny, haha.
@  Andrew6679 : (22 October 2014 - 02:03 PM) @Myelencephalous Haha i get your point. If your serious i accept lol
@  Dbl Incertion : (22 October 2014 - 09:30 AM) But hey, I'm still playing it trying to get all the shinny yellows and purples I can. But come November I expect I will set this game down and it will get dusty all the way through the Witcher 3 and maybe even Hardline next year.
@  Dbl Incertion : (22 October 2014 - 09:28 AM) @Andrew I think at least on the Xbox One. It was fun, once you figure out the nuances of weapons / abilities PVP became easier, the stories, strikes and all that are highly repetetive worse the Diablo 3 PC launch and that if you don't have friends to play the game with you will set it down and never pick it up.
@  Myelencephalous : (22 October 2014 - 08:29 AM) Andrew, i'll sell you my Destiny copy
@  kubucjuszowy : (22 October 2014 - 03:19 AM) @Holmboy, i see you did your FF homework, great pickups! stole my player once again, like every other week lol
@  kubucjuszowy : (22 October 2014 - 01:48 AM) anyone from our Battlestrats FF wants to trade? I need RB...
@  kubucjuszowy : (22 October 2014 - 01:48 AM) yeah, top of the league baby!  :Party: I am not giving that spot back lol
@  Andrew6679 : (22 October 2014 - 12:03 AM) I am thinking about getting Destiny. Is it as bad as everyone is saying? I would play lots of co op and matchmaking. I played the alpha and beta, i'm just curious what the battle crew thinks.
@  dukebdfan980 : (21 October 2014 - 08:06 AM) Gamer, I want to see a post of that screenshot from the raid last night
@  Dbl Incertion : (20 October 2014 - 08:56 AM) Polo.....
@  Chilli2627 : (20 October 2014 - 07:01 AM) Marco.....
@  dukebdfan980 : (16 October 2014 - 12:45 PM) just posted an honest trialer review of Destiny, its pretty hilarious
@  TheBMT : (15 October 2014 - 09:43 PM) nice
@  DBMgamer : (15 October 2014 - 05:12 PM) Found Footage of When A few of BattleStrats Crew did the Raid, Chilli, Xeran, CptScience
@  kubucjuszowy : (15 October 2014 - 06:42 AM) and I picked you for the winner... shame on you! :P
@  kubucjuszowy : (15 October 2014 - 06:38 AM) Jimmy, you had Flacco on reserve, 45 points alone, 5TD!  :Laughing Rolling On Ground:   :Loser:
@  Myelencephalous : (14 October 2014 - 08:24 AM) Got the BS Battlefield crew up and running again last night; some good rush rounds with ewhite, wojo, nowiz, and hitman!
@  Myelencephalous : (14 October 2014 - 08:17 AM) i totally forgot to bench my Bye Week players.  lost 67 points for that one, unbelievable :(

(View All Videos) Toggle Members Videos

Recent Status Updates

• Photo
      21 Oct
    Conal Cuan

Nothing on the itenerary today. Exploring the 800+ acre resort grounds most likely. Good to know how to get back to your bungalow after too many Mai Tai's. I think I've spotted an old ww2 bunker down the beach, so I'll prolly drag the wife out to check.

View All Updates

Photo
- - - - -

BRINK - Fireteam Creation and Usage Guide - Created by MIND BULL3TS

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 MIND BULL3TS

MIND BULL3TS

Novice Strategist

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 15 posts
  • MIND_BULL3TS
  • MIND BULL3TS

Posted 13 May 2011 - 12:41 AM

FIRETEAM CREATION AND USAGE GUIDE

Created by MIND BULL3TS

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
- - - INTRODUCTION - - -

This guide is to help all understand how to set up FireTeams. FireTeams (from now on shortened to FT or FTs) are an important part of Brink's Team-play, although you wouldn't know it from any tutorial aspects in the game. They simply don't mention anything on FTs. Even though the process is remarkably simple, because there is no mention of it at all to the player, the system can easily go unnoticed. The key advantage to being in a FT is HUGE!

You can now use in game voice to interact with your teammates! Novel idea huh?

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
- - - WE HAVE AN ISSUE, BUT HERE IS A TISSUE - - -

"Public VOIP" (Voice chat with your entire team during a match and everyone pre/post match) is an option in the game, but it has to be manually activated by the server as the option is deactivated by default... The option that is left ON by default is "Fireteam VOIP". So this is the more reliable way of having in-game voice chat...

Exhibit A
Posted Image

But MIND BULL3TS! I want to be able to voice chat with my entire team! Not just my "Fireteam!".... Whats a Fireteam anyway?

Well I have good news for you, person who randomly yelled at me when I was creating this thread... FTs seem to be uncapped as to how many players can be involved. I say this with a little ignorance as the largest FT I have is 5 but I wouldn't imagine them limiting it to anything other than 4 if they were going to limit it at all, since the team max is 8...

- - -FIRETEAM SETUP - - -

First while in a match press ESC to bring up the in game Menu, from there click the Scoreboard Button.

Exhibit B
Posted Image

Once at the Scoreboard screen, highlight the player you want to start a FT With (See Exhibit B for a guide to choosing desirable FTeammates) left click to open that player's menu.

Exhibit C
Posted Image

Once at the Player Menu click the second option entitled " Create fireteam with #Playername# "

Exhibit D
Posted Image
*note I used some image editing trickery to show the entire text of that option, it will scroll the entire length of the message in-game

This will send a Fireteam Invite to that player. Now using your "Fireteam VOIP" key you can voice chat with your FTeammates.

Exhibit E
Posted Image

- - - JOINING FIRETEAMS AND OTHER ODDS AND ENDS - - -

I also know there is a way to request to join an existing FT. I know this not because I have done it myself, I literally have never seen a FT before I make one, but I have been "petitioned" to join by other players. It pops up as another message to press F1 and you "vote" to let them in. That being said I imagine the process is relatively similar to creating a FT, where the player clicks on a member of the existing FT and clicks something to the effect of "Ask to join Fireteam"...

---------------------

Also, there was a setting overlooked by the devs for the Volume levels for VOIP in and out, the following commands will fix this issue:

s_volume_voipin_db 0
s_volume_voipout_db 0

These commands can be entered into the console directly during the game or placed before loading the game in your Autoexec.cfg file located here:

Steam\userdata\########\22350\local\base
*Note If you don't already have one, create a notepad file named Autoexec.cfg there, open with notepad and paste...

-------------------------------
Well I think I covered everything. Hope this helps build the teamwork lvl in Public Servers.

Edited by MIND BULL3TS, 13 May 2011 - 11:43 PM.

Posted Image

#2 TheBMT

TheBMT

Mastermind

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,629 posts
  • TheBMT

Posted 13 May 2011 - 07:27 AM

awesome, I will have to work on this when I get on later.

#3 Alpine gremlin

Alpine gremlin

Mastermind

• Moderators
  • 1,632 posts
  • alpinegremlin
  • Alpine gremlin

Posted 13 May 2011 - 08:56 AM

Very handy. I`ll pin this for all to see.

Posted Image

P.T.F.O. 24/7

#4 MIND BULL3TS

MIND BULL3TS

Novice Strategist

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 15 posts
  • MIND_BULL3TS
  • MIND BULL3TS

Posted 13 May 2011 - 11:43 PM

Updated thread for better readability, accuracy, and to add the Voip Volume Level Fix method...
Posted Image

#5 TheBMT

TheBMT

Mastermind

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,629 posts
  • TheBMT

Posted 14 May 2011 - 12:41 AM

I have a feeling this is for PC only. I couldn't find anything on my xbox for it.

#6 snaithy182

snaithy182

Strategist

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 239 posts
  • SNAITHY182
  • snaithy182

Posted 14 May 2011 - 04:25 PM

I have a feeling this is for PC only. I couldn't find anything on my xbox for it.

Yh it is on xbox just a bit different to find

No I dont proof read what I put on forums.....blame the internet for my laziness

#7 TheBMT

TheBMT

Mastermind

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,629 posts
  • TheBMT

Posted 15 May 2011 - 12:59 AM

Yh it is on xbox just a bit different to find

I'll poke around some more for it then.

#8 THE RED DRAGON

THE RED DRAGON

Co-Creator

• Administrators
  • 4,560 posts
  • TwTheRedDragon
  • THE RED DRAGON

Posted 15 May 2011 - 09:54 AM

Great writeup Mind - I added this to our Brink Strategy Guide. Cipher8 also just posted up a nice writeup on classes.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users