How Steam Box could Hurt Microsoft & Sony's Next Gen plans
Steam Box Valve Xbox 720 PS4 Playstation 4 Next Gen Console Steam Console PC release date
For my full analysis, check out the video below.
Steam Box Should Worry Xbox 720 & PS4
Here is a quick laundry list why the Steam Box could be big.
- Steam has 50+ Million active accounts.
- Over 1,800 games available (Presumably, these games would be capable of being played on the Steam Box. And IF they are, that is a huge launch lineup that no other console has
- Steam offers DEEP discounts and sales throughout the year. Sometimes sales are offered at a discount BEFORE launch of games. If you can buy the same game on 3 platforms, and get the same experience - wouldn't you chose the platform that you can get the best deal on?
- Digital Distribution: You of course don't have to go to the store and wait in line to pick up a game for steam. I think this could be a selling point for some who don't care about discs. (I do however believe that Microsoft & Sony will start offering access to digital downloads immediately on the next gen)
- Steam's Big Picture mode allows you to play with a Controller OR a Mouse & Keyboard. Players can now choose their favorite way of playing.
More Videos from THE RED DRAGON
Connect with Red Dragon on Twitter and Facebook